Mount Yonah Trail Head
You'll find the Mount Yonah Trailhead at the foot of Mount Yonah on the west side of the mountain. Easy to get to, this trailhead provides access to the top of the mountain for a commanding view of the surrounding area.
At a Glance
|Fees:||No fee is required.|
|Open Season:||Open year round|
|Closest Towns:||Cleveland, Georgia is about 4 miles southwest of the trailhead.
Helen, Georgia is about 6 miles northeast of the trailhead.
APPROXIMATE Physical Address: 1900 Chambers Road, Cleveland, GA
From downtown Cleveland, Georgia, go north 0.3 mile on Highway 129. Turn right onto Georgia Highway 74 and go 2.2 miles. Turn right on Tom Bell Road and go 0.9 mile and take the 2nd right turn onto Chambers Road. Go 0.7 mile and turn right on Forest Service Road 323. Go 0.3 mile to the trailhead parking lot.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Please use caution when hiking at Mount Yonah. Slips and falls are common when hiking, and present critical hazard at the peak of Mount Yonah.
The Mount Yonah trail is easily accessible from Georgia Highway 75 between Cleveland and Helen. It's a relatively short trail at 2.1 miles, but some sections of the trail are steep enough to get a good little workout. Just right if you just want to spend an hour or two outdoors.
The trail is leads to the top of Mt. Yonah and provides very scenic views of the mountains to the north.
Alerts & Warnings
- Forest Service Road 69 (Rock Creek Road) Closed Friday, September 30, 2022
- Conasauga Ranger District target ranges go cashless
- Tallulah River Road Construction to Begin
- Coleman River Rd (FSR #54) Closure
- CAUTION Waterfall Dangers
- Road Closures on the Chattooga River Ranger District
- CALL BEFORE YOU HAUL - ATV and OHV
- Panther Creek Trail Temporary Hiker Restrictions
- Don't Move Firewood!