Ball Field Dispersed Camping Area
Area Status: Open
A large grassy field located approximately 1 mile from Lake Conasauga Recreation area. Primitive camping--no amenities. Campers may utilitize Lake Conasauga recreation opportunities by parking in the picnic area parking lot, which has a $5 parking fee, or the boat ramp parking area. Emery Creek trail departs from the Ball Field, and Tearbritches Trailhead is just across the road for those interested in Cohutta Wilderness hiking.
At a Glance
|Open Season:||Mid-March - December 31|
|Closest Towns:||Chatsworth or Ellijay are approximately an hour away, so campers should shop for supplies, including water, before driving to the Ball Field.|
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Group CampingLarge open grassy field - no amenities
|No. of Sites||Dispersed|
|Reservation Info||None Required|
Dispersed CampingLarge open grassy field - no amenities
Emery Creek Trail: this 7 mile hiking trek is not a loop trail.
Alerts & Warnings
- #BurnAlerts for Prescribed Fires
- Lake Conasauga Reservation Only
- Recreation passes available online, by phone and in-person
- Rock Creek Road (FSR 69) Closed Past Frank Gross Recreation Area
- FS Road 18 Road Work
- Road Closures on the Chattooga River Ranger District
- Coleman River Rd (FSR #54) Closure
- CAUTION Waterfall Dangers
- CALL BEFORE YOU HAUL - ATV and OHV
- Panther Creek Trail Temporary Hiker Restrictions
- Don't Move Firewood!