Jacks River Fields Campground
This quaint, secluded campground is situated on the bank of the south fork of the Jacks River. Surrounded by the yellow poplar, oak, hickory, and white pine forests of north Georgia, these 7 campsites are popular with campers, hikers and equestrians.
At a Glance
|Reservations:||Reservations are not accepted. Occupancy of sites are on a first come, first served basis.|
|Open Season:||Year-round, but January through March the campground is only accessible from Blue Ridge, GA.|
|Restrictions:||Road and campground access limited to recreational vehicles less than 24 feet. FS 64 is closed west of the campground from January through March, so the campground is only accessible from Blue Ridge, GA during these months. Quiet hours observed from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Alcohol is prohibited.|
|Closest Towns:||The nearest town is approximately 16 miles east in Blue Ridge, GA, where there are several restaurants, grocery stores and gas stations.|
|Restroom:||1 ADA vault facility|
|Passes:||The Interagency Senior and Access Passes and the Golden Age and Access Passports are accepted. These passes entitle the pass holder to a 50% discount on camping fees. Click here for detailed information on passes!|
|Information Center:||Please contact the Conasauga Ranger District office at 706-695-6736 for more information.|
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
This campground is located along the south fork of Jacks River, which is a native seasonal trout stream.
- 7 tent campsites in main camping area, with limited sites in rear of campground.
- 1 ADA accessible vault restroom
- gravel loop through camping area
- standard amenities (i.e. grill, picnic table, lantern post, etc.)
Horse camping available; 7 sites in main campground and limited sites in rear of campground. Horses must be tied to hitching posts provided. Please bring your own rope. Horse trailer parking in rear of recreation area across creek. A horse watering station is provided. The trailhead for South Fork and Pinhoti trails is located here--be alert, these are multi-use trails open to hikers, mountain bikers and equestrians.
Alerts & Warnings
- #BurnAlerts for Prescribed Fires
- Lake Conasauga Reservation Only
- Recreation passes available online, by phone and in-person
- Rock Creek Road (FSR 69) Closed Past Frank Gross Recreation Area
- FS Road 18 Road Work
- Road Closures on the Chattooga River Ranger District
- Coleman River Rd (FSR #54) Closure
- CAUTION Waterfall Dangers
- CALL BEFORE YOU HAUL - ATV and OHV
- Panther Creek Trail Temporary Hiker Restrictions
- Don't Move Firewood!