Sams Walker Day Use Area & Trail (#4402)
A secluded pastoral setting with an accessible loop trail providing interpretive signs about the site's history and ecology. Very lightly used, this is a great family picnic site. Views of the Oregon side of the Gorge are impressive.
From Bingen, WA: Travel west on Washington State Route 14 approximately 22 miles to Skamania Landing Road at milepost (MP) 32.8. Turn left (south) onto Skamania Landing road and travel 1/4 miles crossing the railroad tracks to the parking area.
From Vancouver, WA: Travel east on Washington State Route 14 approximately 33 miles to Skamania Landing Road at MP 32.8. Turn right (south) onto Skamania Landing road and travel 1/4 miles crossing the railroad tracks to the parking area.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Short, enjoyable loop trail near the river passes through an old field and a small forest.
This area has a loop trail with interpretive signs describing the site's history and ecology.
2 accessible tables on site
|No. of Sites||2|
|No. of Accessible sites||2|
Alerts & Warnings
- Prescribed Burning to start in CRGNSA
- Effective Oct 20, 2022: Closure Update: Eagle Creek Fire
- 2023/2024 Fire Hire Now through Sept 29
- Wyeth Campground Water
- Drones prohibited in wilderness and select recreation sites
- Klickitat Mile One Overnight Use & Large Boat Launch Prohibition
- Guard against car theft
- Check road and weather conditions