Rattin Campground is approximately six miles south of Red Lodge, along the banks of the Main Fork of Rock Creek. You access it from the East Side Rd off the Beartooth Highway. Mount Maurice Trail (#6), Corral Creek Trail (#9), Bear Track Trail (#8), Lake Fork Trail (#2), Parkside National Recreation Trail (#103), Hellroaring Plateau Trail (#11), Glacier Lake Trail (#3), Sheridan Campground, Greenough Lake Campground, Parkside Campground, Limber Pine Campground and M-K Campground are also located in the Man Fork Rock Creek drainage.
There is a 16 day maximum stay in all Beartooth Ranger District campgrounds.
- Camp sites: 6
- Host: Yes
- Max Trailer Length: 20ft
- Accessible Facilities:Toilet. Visit Recreation.gov for details.
- Trash Pickup: Bear resistant dumpster on site
- Firewood: Available for purchase.
Reservations must be made more than 5 nights in advance of your stay.
Reservations can be made up to 6 months in advance of your stay.
Get a map and reserve a campsite
*** 20% of this campground is for walk-in customers (no reservations). This campground is very popular and may fill up on during the summer months, especially on weekends and holidays. Plan accordingly, make a reservation if possible, or arrive early to ensure there is a space available for the night. Some sites have bear resistant food storage lockers. See site amenities listed in reservation system.
Beartooth Ranger District
6811 US Hwy 212
Red Lodge, MT 59068
At a Glance
|Fees:||$17.00 includes 1 driving vehicle
|Open Season:||Early-May - Late-September (call district office for exact dates, 406-446-2103)|
|Closest Towns:||Red Lodge, MT|
|Restroom:||Yes. Vault toilet|
|Operated By:||Gallatin Canyon Campgrounds|
Directions from Beartooth Ranger District office:
1. Drive south out of Red Lodge on US Hwy 212 for 3.7 miles. Turn left onto the East Side Rd. Drive 3.1 miles to the campground, on your right.
2. Drive south out of Red Lodge on US Hwy 212 for 6.7 miles. Turn left onto the East Side Rd. Drive 0.3 miles to the campground, on your left.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Mountain biking is allowed on nearby Corral Creek Trail (# 9) and Mt. Maurice Trail (# 6).
Sheridan Campground is also on the East Side Road, not far from Rattin Campground. Parkside, Greenough Lake, and Limber Pine Campgrounds are approximatly 6 miles south of Rattin on US Hwy 212.
River and Stream Fishing
For detailed information on fishing in Rock Creek, please go to Explore FISHMT.
Corral Creek Trail (# 9) is across the street from Rattin Campground. Mt. Maurice Trail (# 6), Bear Track Trail (# 8), and the Lake Fork Trail (# 2) are all within a few miles.
Picnicking is allowed in vacant campsites. If visitors stay 30 minutes or less, the site is free. For longer day-use stays, the fee is half price the overnight fee. The overnight fee for Rattin Campground is $17 per site.
Alerts & Warnings
- Regional Orders in Effect
- Woody Creek Road Closure
- Beartooth R.D. Select Rd Closures: Flood Damage
- Yellowstone R.D. Select Road & Site Closures - Flood Damage
- Closure - NFSR #2421 Glacier Lake Road
- Hyalite Drainage Proposed Permanent Recreational Target Shooting Restriction