Woodbine Campground is located along the Stillwater River. It is a short walk from the Stillwater Trail (#24) and Woodbine Falls Trail (#93). Fully paved campground with paved spurs at the end of the Stillwater River Road #2400. Old Nye Picnic Ground and Fishing Access are also located in the Stillwater River drainage.
There is a 16 day maximum stay in all Beartooth Ranger District campgrounds. For a road map of the area, which shows campground locations, please see our Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM). For trail maps of the area, please see our Stillwater Area Map or our Lake Plateau Area Map.
- Camp sites: 44
- Host: Yes
- Max Trailer Length: 90ft
- Accessible Facilities: Toilets and 5 campsites.
- Trash Pickup: Bear resistant dumpster located at camp ground
- Firewood: Yes. $7.00 / bundle. Don't move firewood to other areas or bring in outside firewood. Prevent the spread of tree-killing insects by getting firewood near your destination or buying it from the campground host.
Reservations can be made up to 24 hours in advance of stay.
Reservations can be made up to 6 months in advance of your stay.
To make a reservation, find a campground map or for more details visit Recreation.gov.
This year (2020) 100% of this campground is by reservations only. Be advised that this campground is very popular and may fill up on during the summer months, especially on weekends and holidays. You should plan accordingly, make a reservation if possible, or arrive early to ensure there is a space available for the night. Some sites equipped with bear resistant food storage lockers. See site amenities in reservation system.
Directions from Beartooth Ranger District office:
Drive north on US Hwy 212 for 2.1 miles. Turn left (west) onto MT-78 and drive 30 miles. Turn left (west) onto MT-419 towards Fishtail. Drive through Nye and past the Stillwater Mine for 28.7 miles turn right into the campground.
Beartooth Ranger District Office
6811 US Hwy 212
Red Lodge, MT 59068
At a Glance
|Fees:||$20.00 site fee
Sites #1 and #44: max 16 people, 3 cars
|Open Season:||Closed for road reconstruction.|
|Closest Towns:||Nye, MT, Absarokee, MT|
|Operated By:||Gallatin Canyon Campgrounds|
30 miles west of Red Lodge on MT 78, 29 miles west of Fishtail on MT 419.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
River and Stream Fishing
The Stillwater River is a very popular place to fish. For detailed fishing information on the Stillwater River, please go to FishMT
The first mile of the Stillwater Trail follows the river where it rages through a small canyon. This is a very scenic walk. Further up the Stillwater Trail is Sioux Charlie Lake.
Woodbine Falls is also a very scenic, but short walk.
Picnicking is allowed in vacant campsites. If visitors stay 30 minutes or less, the site is free. For longer day-use stays, the fee is half price the overnight fee. The overnight fee for Woodbine Campground is $19 per site.
Alerts & Warnings
- Closures on Sourdough Canyon and Leverich Canyon Trails Begin Nov.16th
- Pryor Caves Seasonal Area Closure
- Beartooth Ranger District Road and Trail Closures 01-11-82-23-05
- East Rosebud Road 2177 and East Rosebud Trail 15_Closure 01-11-82-23-03
- 01-11-04-23-03 Yellowstone Ranger District Camping Area Closure
- Road 478 Closure (South Fork Madison Road) 01-11-07-23-01
- Woody Creek Road Closure
- Hyalite Target Shooting Closure
- Road #3089, Closure, Sioux Ranger District
- McConnell Fishing Access and Beattie Gulch Area Shooting Closures
- Hyalite Drainage Proposed Permanent Recreational Target Shooting Restriction