College M Trailhead and Picnic Area
A popular 1.5 miles hiking trail to the iconic white M on the south side of the Bridgers. Trail accesses the M trail and southern end of the Bridger Foothills National Recreation Trail.
Picnic Tables, Vault Toilet are available at site. No drinking water.
At a Glance
|Open Season:||Year Long - slippery and icy in winter|
|Best Season:||April - November|
|Busiest Season:||April - November|
|Closest Towns:||Bozeman, MT|
|Water:||No Water Available|
From Bozeman follow Oak Street East to Rouse Avenue turn left/ north on Rouse Avenue and continue as Rouse becomes Bridger Canyon Road. Continue about 3 miles on Hwy 86/Bridger Canyon Road and turn left into the signed trailhead parking lot on the left.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- Closures on Sourdough Canyon and Leverich Canyon Trails Begin Nov.16th
- Pryor Caves Seasonal Area Closure
- Beartooth Ranger District Road and Trail Closures 01-11-82-23-05
- East Rosebud Road 2177 and East Rosebud Trail 15_Closure 01-11-82-23-03
- 01-11-04-23-03 Yellowstone Ranger District Camping Area Closure
- Road 478 Closure (South Fork Madison Road) 01-11-07-23-01
- Woody Creek Road Closure
- Hyalite Target Shooting Closure
- Road #3089, Closure, Sioux Ranger District
- McConnell Fishing Access and Beattie Gulch Area Shooting Closures
- Hyalite Drainage Proposed Permanent Recreational Target Shooting Restriction