Fairy Lake Trailhead
Trailhead providing access to an easy loop trail around Fairy Lake or a start to numerous day hiking opportunties accessing the central part of the Bridger Range.
Trail provides access to the Bridger Foothills National Recreation Trail and Hardscrabble and Sacagawea Peaks (highest in Bridger Range). Proper hiking essentials should always be taken.
Fairy Lake and Fairy Lake Campground is nearby.
At a Glance
|Best Season:||mid-July - mid-Sept|
|Busiest Season:||mid-July - mid Sept|
|Closest Towns:||Bozeman, MT|
|Water:||Water at nearby campground|
|Operated By:||USFS first come, first serve|
Head north from Bozeman on Hwy 86/Bridger Canyon Road. Continue on road for approximately 21-22 miles. Turn left on Fairy Lake Road, Forest Road #74.
Drive to the end of the road, road conditons can be rough depending on time of year.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- Regional Orders in Effect
- Woody Creek Road Closure
- Beartooth R.D. Select Rd Closures: Flood Damage
- Yellowstone R.D. Select Road & Site Closures - Flood Damage
- Closure - NFSR #2421 Glacier Lake Road
- Hyalite Drainage Proposed Permanent Recreational Target Shooting Restriction