Red Shale Campground
Area Status: Open
A campground on the Ashland Ranger District.
Camp sites: 14
Trash Pickup: No
No Reservations: This campground does not use a reservation system, it is managed on a first-come, first-served basis. Be aware the campground may fill up on weekends & holidays during the summer months and you should arrive in the early afternoon to ensure there is a space available for the night. There is a 10 day stay limit.
Ashland District Office
Box 168, Hwy 212
Ashland, MT 59003
At a Glance
|Open Season:||April - December|
|Best Season:||Sept - November|
|Busiest Season:||Sept. - November|
|Closest Towns:||Ashland, MT|
|Water:||No Water Available|
|Restroom:||Vault Toliet (3)|
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
From Ashland, MT go 6 miles east on US 212. Campground will be on your left.
Open Mid April to the end of November
Largest Parking Spur 30'
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Big Game Hunting
Alerts & Warnings
- Regional Orders in Effect
- Woody Creek Road Closure
- Beartooth R.D. Select Rd Closures: Flood Damage
- Yellowstone R.D. Select Road & Site Closures - Flood Damage
- Closure - NFSR #2421 Glacier Lake Road
- Hyalite Drainage Proposed Permanent Recreational Target Shooting Restriction