Sheridan Campground is located approx. five miles south of Red Lodge on the banks of the Main Fork of Rock Creek. You access it from East Side Road, off the Beartooth Highway (US Hwy 212). Mount Maurice Trail (#6) Corral Creek Trail (#9), Bear Track Trail (#8), Lake Fork Trail (#2), Parkside National Recreation Trail (#103), Hellroaring Plateau Trail (#11), Glacier Lake Trail (#3), Greenough Lake Campground, Rattin Campground, Parkside Campground, Limber Pine Campground and M-K Campground are also located in the Man Fork Rock Creek drainage.
There is a 16 day maximum stay in all Beartooth Ranger District campgrounds.
- Camp sites: 9
- Host: Yes, at Rattin Campground
- Max Trailer Length: 30ft
- Accessible Facilities: Toilet and 1 campsite. Visit Recreation.gov for details.
- Trash Pickup: Bear resistant container located on site.
- Firewood:Yes. $5.00 / bundle. Don't move firewood to other areas or bring in outside firewood. Prevent the spread of tree-killing insects by getting firewood near your destination or buying it from the campground host.
Reservations must be made more than 5 nights in advance of your stay.
Reservations can be made up to 6 months in advance of your stay.
Get a map or reserve a campsite
*** 20% of this campground is for walk-in customers (no reservations). This campground is very popular and may fill up on during the summer months, especially on weekends and holidays. Plan accordingly, make a reservation if possible, or arrive early to ensure there is a space available for the night. Most sites have bear resistant food storage lockers. See site amenities in reservation system.
Beartooth Ranger District
6811 US Hwy 212
Red Lodge, MT 59068
At a Glance
|Fees:||$17.00 includes 1 vehicle
|Open Season:||Mid-May - Labor Day (call district office for exact dates, 406-446-2103)|
|Closest Towns:||Red Lodge, MT|
|Restroom:||Yes. Vault toilet|
|Operated By:||Gallatin Canyon Campgrounds|
Directions from Beartooth Ranger District office:
Drive south on US Hwy 212 for 3.7 miles. Turn left on East Side Rd. Drive 1.7 miles to the campground, on your right.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Mountain biking is allowed on nearby Mt. Maurice Trail (# 6) and Corral Creek Trail (# 9).
Rattin Campground is nearby, also on East Side Rd. Parkside, Greenough Lake, and Limber Pine Campgrounds are approximately 6 miles south of Sheridan, on US Hwy 212.
River and Stream Fishing
For detailed information fishing in Rock Creek, please visit FISHMT.
Mt. Maurice Trail (# 6) and Corral Creek Trail (# 9) are a short distance from the campground.
Alerts & Warnings
- Regional Orders in Effect
- Woody Creek Road Closure
- Beartooth R.D. Select Rd Closures: Flood Damage
- Yellowstone R.D. Select Road & Site Closures - Flood Damage
- Closure - NFSR #2421 Glacier Lake Road
- Hyalite Drainage Proposed Permanent Recreational Target Shooting Restriction