Whitman Branch Shooting Range
Whitman Branch Shooting Range is located on London Ranger District. It features has 5 shooting benches with 2 lanes at 100 yards, 1 lane at 50 yards, and 2 lanes at 25 yards. Blocks for hanging targets at the end of each lane. This range is located just south of Laurel River Lake dam off of KY 1193.
Please pack out all target trash including shotgun shells and any targets. Do not shoot household appliances and other objects dumped in shooting areas.
Rules and Regulations
- Skeet, trap and sporting clays are prohibited.
- Paper targets only. Pack out your targets.
- Fully automatic weapons, tracer rounds and exploding targets are prohibited.
- Do not enter or use the area for any purpose other than target shooting.
- Do not fire while persons are down range.
- Do not enter the area behind the backstop, which has been designated as a safety zone by the placement of “Entry Prohibited” signs.
- ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
- ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
At a Glance
|Operational Hours:||This facility is for day-use only, open from sunrise to sunset.
|Fees:||$5/day; $7/3 day; $50 annual. A fee pass (hang tag or sticker) must be displayed inside vehicles parked at the shooting range. Recreation Passes and Permits|
|Restroom:||Restrooms are available.|
|Information Center:||London Office Contact Information|
From I-75 at London (Exit 38), take KY 192 west for 14.2 miles. Turn left on KY 1193, crossing over the dam of Laurel River Lake. Travel 1 miles from the dam, and then turn right onto Forest Service Road 4055.
The toilet is accessible.
Parking is available at the shooting range.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
The range has 5 shooting benches with 2 lanes at 100 yards, 1 lane at 50 yards, and 2 lanes at 25 yards. Blocks are available for hanging targets at the end of each lane.
|Toilets:||Vault toilet meets accessibility standards for persons with disabilities.|
|Accessible:||The toilet is accessible.|