Area Status: Open
Get back to nature while enjoying this primitive camping and day use area, complete with picnic tables and access for boaters to the Ochlockonee River.
- Small motorboats can take advantage of the excellent fishing on the Ochlockonee by boat launches (called landings) at SR 20, Pine Creek, Whitehead Lake, Revell Landing, Mack Landing and Hitchcock Lake. Canoes and kayaks may also launch from these sites.
At a Glance
|Reservations:||First come, first served|
|Fees:||Boat ramp $5. Camping $10.|
General InformationGeneral Notes:
- Boat ramp
- Drinking water
- Picnic tables
Licenses and Passes
- Boating in the National Forests in Florida is regulated by the state of Florida. Please visit our boating web page before you grab your personal floatation device and head out onto the water.
Camping – Dispersed/Primitive Camping
- Many people enjoy this solitude and primitive experience, but knowing your limits, skills and abilities is a must. Following certain rules and regulations will help make your experience safer and ensure settings remain unspoiled.
- Florida requires a state license for all fishing activities. Visit our fishing web page before you grab your gear.
- Don’t forget your state license. Rules vary by each national forest. Check out our hunting web page for more information.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information