Cane Patch Campground
Cane Patch Campground is within walking distance of Phillips Creek Day Use Area. The campground has 35 campsites, 7 of which have electric hookups.
At a Glance
|Fees:||$12 per camp site per night. $5 electric hookups.|
|Open Season:||3rd Saturday in May - last Saturday in September|
|Closest Towns:||Pound, VA|
|Water:||Drinking water available|
|Restroom:||Bath houses have hot showers and flush toilets|
|Operated By:||Clinch Ranger District: (276) 679-8370|
|Information Center:||Cane Patch Campground: 276-796-5832 For more information contact: Clinch Ranger District 1700 Park Avenue SW, Norton, VA 24273. 276-679-8370 Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 12:00 and 12:30 - 4:30 Current weather conditions for Pound, VA: www.weather.gov Operating this campground would not be possible without help from volunteers. Find out about opportunities to volunteer at www.volunteer.gov.|
From Kingsport, TN: Follow US23 North toward Pound VA. Make a left onto SR 671 West. Follow SR 671 for 6.5 miles to the campground entrance on the right.
From Abingdon, VA: Follow US 58/US 19 West to Hansonville, VA. Turn left onto US 58 Alternate and drive to Norton. At Norton, turn north onto US 23 toward Pound, VA. Make a left onto VA671 West. Follow VA 671 for 6.5 miles to the campground entrance on the right.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
|No. of Sites||35|
River and Stream Fishing
Alerts & Warnings
- Bolar Flat Day Use Area at Lake Moomaw Closed for Public Health and Safety
- Bolar Mountain Recreation Area Summer Schedule Delayed
- Grindstone camping limited in 2022
- Temp Closure: Rocky Run ATV trail, Second Mountain, Long Run Road
- Some roads and trails closed in Rockingham County VA and Pendleton County WV
- Offices remain closed to public entry in response to COVID-19