North Fork of Pound Boat Launch
The North Fork of Pound Boat Launch offers year round lake access, popular with anglers and boaters alike.
At a Glance
|Operational Hours:||6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.|
|Fees:||$1.00 per vehicle day area use fee.|
|Open Season:||Open year round|
|Restrictions:||No wake zone. Swimming prohibited.|
|Closest Towns:||Pound, VA|
|Water:||No drinking water available|
|Operated By:||Clinch Ranger District: (276) 679-8370|
From Kingsport, TN: Follow US 23 North to Pound, VA. At the third Pound exit make a left onto SR 630 West. Follow SR 630 West for 0.9 miles to the parking lot.
From Abingdon, VA: Follow US 58 West/19 North to Hansonville, VA. Turn left onto US 58 West Alternate and drive to Norton. At Norton, turn north onto US 23 toward Pound, VA. At the third Pound exit make a left onto SR 630 West. Follow SR 630 West for 0.9 miles to the parking lot.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Lake and Pond Fishing
Boating - Motorized
Boating - Non-Motorized
Alerts & Warnings
- Effective July 1, 2022, Virginia law permits hunting on Sunday
- Offices on George Washington and Jefferson National Forests Open to the Public
- Bolar Mountain Recreation Area Summer Schedule Delayed
- Bolar Flat Day Use Area at Lake Moomaw Closed for Public Health and Safety
- Grindstone camping limited in 2022
- Temp Closure: Rocky Run ATV trail, Second Mountain, Long Run Road
- Some roads and trails closed in Rockingham County VA and Pendleton County WV