Phillips Creek Day Use Area
Visitors to Phillips Creek Day Use Area enjoy creek access and picnicking.
At a Glance
|Fees:||$3 day use area fee.|
|Open Season:||Open 3rd Saturday in May - last Saturday in September|
|Closest Towns:||Pound, VA|
|Water:||No drinking water available|
|Operated By:||Clinch Ranger District: (276) 679-8370|
From Kingsport, TN: Follow US23 North to Pound, VA. At the second Pound exit make a left onto SR 671 West. Follow for 5.5 miles to the entrance on the right.
From Abingdon, VA: Follow US 58W/US 19N to Hansonville, VA. Turn left onto US 58W Alternate and drive to Norton. At Norton, turn north onto US 23 toward Pound, VA. At the second Pound exit make a left onto SR 671 West. Follow for 5.5 miles to the entrance on the right.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
River and Stream Fishing
|No. of Sites||Picnicking sites available|
|Reservation Info||No Reservations Required|
Alerts & Warnings
- Effective July 1, 2022, Virginia law permits hunting on Sunday
- Offices on George Washington and Jefferson National Forests Open to the Public
- Bolar Mountain Recreation Area Summer Schedule Delayed
- Bolar Flat Day Use Area at Lake Moomaw Closed for Public Health and Safety
- Grindstone camping limited in 2022
- Temp Closure: Rocky Run ATV trail, Second Mountain, Long Run Road
- Some roads and trails closed in Rockingham County VA and Pendleton County WV