Bay Furnace Historic Site and Interpretive Trail
Area Status: Open
A short 1/8 mile accessible trail encircles the recently stabilized ruins of a blast furnace where pig iron was made between 1870 and 1877. One of the last remaining structures of its kind in the Upper Peninsula, it is also a good place to view Lake Superior and Grand Island.
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||This trail is not groomed in winter.|
|Open Season:||May 15 - October 7|
From the village of Christmas about 5 miles west of Munising and M-28 drive west 0.3 mile on M-28 to the campground road. Turn right (north) and drive to the campground.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
1/8 mile interpretive trail