MacKenzie Cross-Country and Mountain Bike Trail
Area Status: Open
The trail is 10.1 miles with loop combinations of varying lengths available. The trail is marked with blue diamond-shaped blazes. There are signs at each junction with a You Are Here map. The McKenzie trail system is located just northwest of the Caberfae ski area. Loops range from beginner to most difficult. Some trails are groomed in the winter.
Brochure with map: This brochure is set to print on 8.5 x 11 paper, landscape (wide) orientation.
At a Glance
|Operational Hours:||Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, unless otherwise posted.|
|Permit Info:||Special Use Permit -
|Open Season:||January 1 - December 31|
|Best Season:||January 1 to December 31|
|Closest Towns:||Mesick, Cadillac|
|Operated By:||Cadillac Manistee Ranger District - 231-577-8902|
From Cadillac -
- Travel west on M-55 for 12 miles.
- Turn right and travel north on 13 Mile Rd. for 2 miles.
- Veer right at the fork and travel northeast on 13 Mile Rd. for .1 miles.
- Turn left and travel west on 38 Rd. for 1.5 miles.
- Turn left and travel south on FR 9833 to the entrance.
Location -Caberfae Area, Lake Mitchell
Nearby Recreation Areas -
- Hemlock Campground
- Briar Hills Semi-Primitive Nonmotorized Area
- Caberfae Scenic Overlook
- MacKenzie Cross-Country Ski and Mountain Bike Trail
- Big "M" Cross-Country Ski and Mountain Bike Trail
County - Wexford
Seasonal and Other Information -
- This site is not gated during the off season.
This site is not maintained in winter:
- Access road and/or parking lot are plowed.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
|Nearby Resorts||Yes - Privately Owned|
|Parking:||14 vehicle capacity|