Kiwanis Monument commemorates the efforts of private citizens in the reforesting of Michigan's barren lands.
Brochure with map:
- River Road National Scenic Byway (pdf) - this brochure shows River Road, the Au Sable River and Lumberman's Monument
- Highbanks River Trail Map (coming soon)
- Eagle Run Trail Map (coming soon)
The brochure is set to print on 11 x 17 paper, landscape (wide) orientation. To print on 8 1/2 x 11 paper set the print area to "shrink to printable area", this will make the text on the page smaller. The trail maps are set to printon 8.5x11 paper.
Flickr Photo Albums:
At a Glance
|Operational Hours:||Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week unless otherwise posted.|
|Permit Info:||Au Sable River Primitive Camping -
|Open Season:||January - December|
|Best Season:||April 1 to November 30|
|Restrictions:||As a visitor to the National Forest, you are asked to follow certain rules designed to protect the Forest, natural resources and to provide for public safety of visitors. These rules are available to you on-line or at any office of the Huron-Manistee National Forests. Please take time to read and understand them. General Topic orders apply across the Forests. Applicable Orders -
|Operated By:||Huron Shores Ranger District - (989) 739-0728|
From Tawas -
- Travel west on River Rd. for 15 miles.
- Turn left and travel south on Monument Rd. for .25 miles.
- The site is on the left.
Location - River Road National Scenic Byway, Au Sable River
Nearby Recreation Areas -
- Lumberman's Monument Visitor Center
County - Iosco
Seasonal and Other Information -
- This site is not gated during the off season.
The site is not maintained in winter:
- Access road and/or parking lot are not plowed.
- The parking area is gravel/dirt.
- The monument sits in a grassy lawn type area.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information