Canfield Mountain Single Track Trail System
The Canfield Mountain Trail System was designed for motorized trail bikes and bicycles. Trail 1562 is open to 4 wheel ATV's. Hikers are welcome as well. Motorized trail bikes have been using this area since the late 1950's. More recently, bicycles have become a major user of this area. All users are encouraged to respect the other types of uses.
View a trail map. A more detailed map with individual trail descriptions is available at the Fernan office of the Coeur d'Alene River Ranger District - 2502 E. Sherman Ave., Coeur d'Alene, ID.
At a Glance
|Restrictions:||Use of 3 and 4 wheel ATV's, dune buggies, or jeeps is prohibited, except on the 1562 Trail.|
|Closest Towns:||Coeur d'Alene, Idaho|
I. East Side (Shooting Range Parking):
- Take Interstate 90 Exit 15 (Sherman Ave.);
- Turn east (away from town) and continue 5.5 miles on County Road 108 (becomes Forest Road 268 at the Forest Boundary;
- The Shooting Range Parking Area is on the left at 5.5 miles.
II. West Side (Nettleton Gulch Parking):
- Take Interstate 90 Exit 14 (15th Street);
- Turn north on 15th St. and follow it 1.1 miles to Nettleton Gulch Road;
- Turn right on Nettleton Gulch Road and go 2.2 miles to the Nettleton Gulch Parking Area.
Mountain BikingDesigned for motorized trail bikes and bicycles. Trail 1562 is open to 4 wheel ATV's.