Bayview Trailhead and Day-Use Area
Bayview Trailhead and Day-Use area is located near Emerald Bay on the south end of Lake Tahoe at 7,100 feet in elevation. Opening and closing dates are dependant on weather, but the area is typically open from mid-May through mid-October. Bayview serves as a trailhead for Desolation Wilderness.
- A wilderness permit is required to enter Desolation Wilderness.
- Day hikers may pick up day-use permits at the self serve area.
- Overnight hikers must obtain an overnight permit before arriving.
- Wood and charcoal fires are not permitted.
- Propane applicances are allowed with a valid CA Campfire Permit.
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||Closed for Winter, No Restrooms or Trash Service|
|Restrictions:||Wood and charcoal fires are not permitted. Propane appliances with an on/off valve are allowed with a valid CA Campfire Permit.|
|Closest Towns:||South Lake Tahoe, California.|
|Operated By:||Bayview Trailhead is located on National Forest land and is managed by Tahoe Recreation.|
Take Hwy 89 north from South Lake Tahoe approximately eight miles to the Bayview Trailhead and Day-Use area located across from Inspiration Point.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information