Burntrock Ridge Trail #65A
The Burntrock Ridge Trail connects the Middle Falls and Big Snowbird Trails with the Sassafras Creek Trail, allowing hikers to bypass some of the stream crossings on Big Snowbird. Starting at Sassafras Falls, the trail climbs to the shoulder of Burntrock Ridge, then descends to the area of Middle Falls.
Trail Length: 1.7 Miles
Average Hiking Times: 2.0 hours.
Alerts & Warnings
- Pisgah RD: Partial closure of FSR 475B Headwaters Road
- Be Bear Aware
- Catawba Falls Trail (TR 225) Closed
- Camping and other restrictions now in effect at Max Patch
- Nantahala RD: Multiple areas under construction
- Appalachian RD: NCDOT construction near Harmon Den may affect Forest access
- Grandfather RD: Old House Gap Rd (FS192) temporarily closed
- Recreate responsibly
- Joyce Kilmer Trail Lower Loop Closed due to rain damage
- Target Shooting prohibited on Croatan National Forest