Mitchell Lick Trail #154
The Mitchell Lick Trail connects the King Meadows Trail and Big Snowbird Trail at the upper/northwestern end of the Snowbird Backcountry Area. Headed westerly, the trail leaves south of the McGuire area and heads downhill for approximately 0.25 miles to cross a small stream, then climbs over a small ridge before descending to cross and then follow another small stream near the half-way point. After approximately 0.25 miles following the second stream, the trail then ascends through a small gap to join the Big Snowbird Trail.
The Mitchell Lick Trail is an interior trail and has no vehicular trailhead. It must be accessed via one of the connecting trails.
Trail Length: 1.5 Miles
Average Hiking Times: 90 minutes either way
Alerts & Warnings
- Pisgah RD: Partial closure of FSR 475B Headwaters Road
- Be Bear Aware
- Catawba Falls Trail (TR 225) Closed
- Camping and other restrictions now in effect at Max Patch
- Nantahala RD: Multiple areas under construction
- Appalachian RD: NCDOT construction near Harmon Den may affect Forest access
- Grandfather RD: Old House Gap Rd (FS192) temporarily closed
- Recreate responsibly
- Joyce Kilmer Trail Lower Loop Closed due to rain damage
- Target Shooting prohibited on Croatan National Forest