Overflow Horse Camp
Overflow Horse Camp is an open field with horse tie outs. There is no water or bathroom available.
At a Glance
|Operational Hours:||Overflow Horse Camp is opened as needed when Canebrake Horse Camp is full.|
|Reservations:||No reservations needed. First come, first serve.|
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Primitive camping available. There are no amenities or facilites at this site. Trash must be taken home or to the Canebrake Horse Camp dumpsters. Pets are allowed as long as they are kept on a leash and under control.
Alcohol is prohibited.
|Hours of Operation:||This site is only open when Canebrake Horse Camp is full. If the gate is closed and Canebrake Horse Camp is full see the Campground Host at Site 20 at Canebrake Horse Camp. There is not a check in or check out time.|
Horse CampingCamping available. Pets are allowed as long as they are kept on a leash and under control. No Alcohol is allowed.
|No. of Sites||Open field|
|Fire Information||Campfires allowed|
Alerts & Warnings
- Catawba Falls Trail (TR 225) Closed
- Camping and other restrictions now in effect at Max Patch
- Nantahala RD: Multiple areas under construction
- Appalachian RD: NCDOT construction near Harmon Den may affect Forest access
- Grandfather RD: Old House Gap Rd (FS192) temporarily closed
- Recreate responsibly
- Joyce Kilmer Trail Lower Loop Closed due to rain damage
- Target Shooting prohibited on Croatan National Forest