Dickey Bell TR 91
Dickey Bell is 3.5 miles in length. It is rated as Difficult. It is blazed with orange diamond trail markers.
At a Glance
|Operational Hours:||Dickey Bell is open from April 1st to December 15th. It is open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, rain or shine annually. This trail is closed in the winter annually.|
|Reservations:||No reservations needed.|
|Fees:||Fees are: $5 a day pass or $30 for an annual/season pass. Passes are required for these trails. All users on this trail other than hikers, must have a valid pass.|
There are approximately 17 miles of 4-wheel drive trails in the Badin Lake OHV Trail Complex on the Uwharrie National Forest. OHV trail access is at Dutch John Trailhead, Flatwoods Trailhead, Wolf Den Trailhead, Falls Dam Trailhead, Art Lilley Campground/Trailhead, and Cotton Place Trailhead,
Users of the OHV trails must follow the OHV rules. NCDOT approved helmets and eye protection are required for all ATV and dirt bike riders. Side by side UTV's do not require helmets or eye protection, but are highly recommended. Children 8 and under are not allowed to ride ATV's or motorcycles. Children 9 and up are to follow the state rules for age appropriate ATV's and motorcycles.
No double riding is allowed, unless ATV is manufactured to hold two riders. The add on or after market backrests that you install yourself do not qualify.
No riding the ATV's from developed campgrounds or dispersed (primitive) camping areas to the OHV trails. All ATV's, non-street legal dirt bikes and non-street legal vehicles must be trailered to the trailheads.
No alcohol is allowed on the OHV trails.
Camping along the trails is allowed. Please pack out your trash with you when you leave. Trash cans are available at all OHV trailheads, campgrounds and day use areas.
Parking is available at the Cotton Place Trailhead, Dutch John Trailhead, Flatwoods Trailhead, Wolf Den Trailhead, Falls Dam Trailhead and the Art Lilley Campground. Use Cotton Place Trailhead only if you and your vehicle are able to make it up the Extremely Difficult section of the Daniel Trail. It is recommended that all first time riders on these trails start from all other trailheads!
OHV Trail Riding3.5 miles. OHV Only
|Staging Area||Flatwoods Trail Head/Dutch John Trail Head|
Alerts & Warnings
- Nantahala RD: Prescribed burn planned for 2/7/23
- Cheoah RD: NCDOT highway improvements will affect AT users
- Badin Lake OHV Trail Complex
- Croatan NF: Two Roads Closed for Visitor Safety and Maintenance
- Cheoah RD: Fontana Loop Trail TR15, Portions of Bee Cove TR421 Temporarily Close
- Be Bear Aware
- Catawba Falls Trail (TR 225) Closed
- Camping and other restrictions now in effect at Max Patch
- Nantahala RD: Multiple areas under construction
- Appalachian RD: NCDOT construction near Harmon Den may affect Forest access
- Uwharrie RD: Badin Lake OHV Trail Complex to begin maintenance
- Grandfather RD: Old House Gap Rd (FS192) temporarily closed
- Recreate responsibly
- Target Shooting prohibited on Croatan National Forest