Forest Heritage National Scenic Byway
This scenic 79-mile highway loops through the Pisgah Ranger District and nearby countryside. The route is rich in mountain beauty and forest history. A free pamphlet describing highlights is available at the visitor center.
At a Glance
|Operated By:||US Forest Service|
General InformationDirections: The Forest Heritage Scenic Byway follows 3 highways: 276, 215 and 64. This can be made a loop if 276 W is followed from the Pisgah Ranger Station until it intersects with 215 S. Follow 215 S to 64 E. Follow 64 E back to 276 W.
Alerts & Warnings
- Catawba Falls Trail (TR 225) Closed
- Camping and other restrictions now in effect at Max Patch
- Nantahala RD: Multiple areas under construction
- Appalachian RD: NCDOT construction near Harmon Den may affect Forest access
- Grandfather RD: Old House Gap Rd (FS192) temporarily closed
- Recreate responsibly
- Joyce Kilmer Trail Lower Loop Closed due to rain damage
- Target Shooting prohibited on Croatan National Forest