River Loop TR 200
Circles the Briar Bottom Group Campground.
Blaze Color: Yellow
Designated Activity: Hiking
From Burnsville, take U.S. 19E for 5 miles, turn right on NC 80 for 12 miles. Just past Mt. Mitchell Golf Course, turn right on NFSR 472. After a mile of paved road, the road becomes gravel. Watch for a right turn and stay on NFSR 472.
Parking for the trail is adjacent to the entrance of the campground by the bulletin board area.
Alerts & Warnings
- Point Lookout Trail will temporarily close for repairs beginning August 8, 2022
- Linville Gorge Camping Permits Required for Summer Weekends
- Be Bear Aware
- Catawba Falls Trail (TR 225) Closed
- Camping and other restrictions now in effect at Max Patch
- Nantahala RD: Multiple areas under construction
- Appalachian RD: NCDOT construction near Harmon Den may affect Forest access
- Grandfather RD: Old House Gap Rd (FS192) temporarily closed
- Recreate responsibly
- Joyce Kilmer Trail Lower Loop Closed due to rain damage
- Target Shooting prohibited on Croatan National Forest