Wolf Ford Horse Camp
Located off Yellow Gap, about three miles east of the Cradle of Forestry in America Visitors Center, this 12-site camp provides access to many miles of equestrian trails in the South Mills River area.
At a Glance
|Operational Hours:||Yellow Gap Rd (FS1206) has reopened to Wolf Ford Camp.|
|Reservations:||12 reservable sites on recreation.gov or 1-877-444-6777.|
|Area Amenities:||Picnic tables,Toilets|
|Fees:||$10 a night per site.|
General InformationGeneral Notes:
Pisgah Ranger District
1600 Pisgah Highway
Pisgah Forest, NC 28768
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Wolf Ford Horse Camp is designed for equestrian users.
Camp sites provide access to many miles of equestrian trails.
Alerts & Warnings
- Catawba Falls Trail (TR 225) Closed
- Camping and other restrictions now in effect at Max Patch
- Nantahala RD: Multiple areas under construction
- Appalachian RD: NCDOT construction near Harmon Den may affect Forest access
- Grandfather RD: Old House Gap Rd (FS192) temporarily closed
- Recreate responsibly
- Joyce Kilmer Trail Lower Loop Closed due to rain damage
- Target Shooting prohibited on Croatan National Forest