ODOT Pit Play Area
The ODOT Pit is managed by Central Oregon Combined OHV Operations for the Prineville District of the BLM. The ODOT pit is considered one of the best play area in the state of Oregon. It provides challenges for riders at all levels of experience. The gravel mounds provide excellent jumping opportunities. There are flats around the perimeter of the pit.
The ODOT pit has ample parking space for vehicles towing trailers and camping. A kiosk keeps riders informed of regulations and closures as well as providing maps of nearby OHV trail systems. The site also serves as a staging area for access to North Millican OHV Trail System.
The play area is designed for Class I (Quads, 3-wheelers less than 50" wide and 800 pounds) and Class III (motorcycles). Oregon Department of Transportation hauls rock out of the pit occasionally, so please ride carefully and pay attention to traffic in and out of the pit.
This area and associated facilities are operated and maintained for your enjoyment by Central Oregon Combined OHV Operations (a Forest Service, & Bureau of Land Management Cooperative agreement), Oregon Department of Parks and Recreation ATV Funds, support various user groups and many other volunteers
At a Glance
|Permit Info:||Oregon State ATV Permit Required|
|Open Season:||Year Around|
|Operated By:||Central Oregon OHV Operations for the Prineville BLM|
From Bend, follow Hwy 20 east about 26 miles to Millican. Proceed east another mile to the pit on the north side of the Highway.
- Open all year but dry, dusty conditions may inhibit use during the late summer months. Likewise, snow in the winter may discourage riders winter riding.
Please check out our information to help make your OHV experience more fulfilling and to learn how you can Tread Lightly!
Dispersed camping is allowed at the pit. Please be considerate of riders when camping, park in areas that do not impede riding. An information kiosk with a map box is located at the entrance to the pit. A portable toilet is located on the site as well.
- Water: No water is available at the pit.
- Garbage: There is no garbage collection so, please PACK IT OUT!
OHV Trail Riding
Alerts & Warnings
- Walton Lake Campground closing this weekend
- Portion of FSR 42 Closed for Reconstruction
- Rager Travel Management Area Green Dot Closure
- Blue-Green Algae Information (Summer 2023)
- Water Unavailable at Rager RS
- Fire Restrictions (Public Use Restrictions)
- 14 Day Stay Order