Walton Lake Trail (#809)
This trail around Walton Lake is designed for barrier-free access and is paved up to the fishing dock. The remainder of surface is compacted gravel and dirt. There are many places to rest, fish, and view wildlife. It is accessed at Walton Lake Trailhead.
View a map of Walton Lake Campground and the walking trail around the lake.
WARNING: Walton Lake Trail is temporarily closed due to diseased trees that present a potential threat to visitor safety. Walton Lake and Campground remain open. The public safety closure only applies to a 40-acre area of diseased trees through which about one third of a mile of Walton Lake Trail passes. Find more information here: https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/ochoco/news-events/?cid=FSEPRD578574
At a Glance
|Closest Towns:||Prineville, Oregon|
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
This short scenic loop is perfect for the whole family.
Alerts & Warnings
- Walton Lake Campground closing this weekend
- Portion of FSR 42 Closed for Reconstruction
- Rager Travel Management Area Green Dot Closure
- Blue-Green Algae Information (Summer 2023)
- Water Unavailable at Rager RS
- Fire Restrictions (Public Use Restrictions)
- 14 Day Stay Order