West Fork Teanaway Trail #1353
The West Fork Teanaway Trail begins at Forest Road 4305-113 and ends at Jolly Mountain Trail #1307.
Trail parallels the river with several crossings. In places the trail climbs high above the river to avoid cliffs and other obstructions in this deep, rugged canyon. The upper end of the trail is a series of switchbacks as it climbs to meet the Jolly Mountain Trail. Most of the trail is quite narrow but has a gradual grade.
SETTINGS: Stream, riparian zone, canyon, large old-growth trees, cliffs, open rocky hillsides, ridgetop.
At a Glance
|Operational Hours:||May - October Seasonal motorized closure in effect yearly snowfall through June 15. If conditions permit, this trail may be opened to motorized use prior to June 15 and will be posted open at that time both on the ground and on this site.|
|Fees:||Washington State Discover Pass required for vehicles at trailhead.|
|Closest Towns:||Ellensburg, Cle Elum|
From Cle Elum, WA, go east on Highway 970 miles and turn left on Teanaway Road. Go north on Teanaway Road 7 miles and turn) on the West Fork Teanaway Road, then north on the Middle Fork Teanaway Road to the end of the county road, north and west on FS Road 4305-113 to the trailhead along the West Fork Teanaway River. The last 5 miles of this road is winding, rough, slippery when wet.
Adequate parking for 10+ vehicles.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Potential for long valley rides and/or coming from other trails.
|Difficulty Level:||More Difficult|
Pleasant and interesting river valley with old growth forest. Difficult and numerous river crossings during snowmelt.
Good opportunity for solitude. Can be combined with Yellow Hill or Middle Fork Teanaway for a loop with short stretch of connecting road.
Can be combined with Middle Fork Teanaway for a long loop with a bit of road to connect. Thin exposed tread in places.
|Difficulty Level:||More to Most Difficult|
OHV Trail Riding
Very challenging trail for motorbikes with steep sidehills and exposure. Expert riding skill recommended.
Single track trail, no 4 wheel motor vehicles permitted.
|Difficulty Level:||Most Difficult|
Alerts & Warnings
- Pasayten Wilderness Fire Area Trail Closures
- Minnow Ridge Fire Area Closure
- White River - Irving Peak Fire Closure / Update
- Buck Creek Pass Fire
- Campfires Not Allowed on National Forest
- Fireworks and Exploding Targets Prohibited on National Forests
- Twisp Area: Louis Lake Trail Bridge Closed
- Mazama-Winthrop-Twisp Area: Cedar Creek Fire Area Closure
- Winthrop Area: Cub Creek 2 Fire Area Closure
- Lake Wenatchee Area: Road #6304 Bridge Closure
- Cle Elum Area: French Cabin Creek Bridge Closure
- Interactive Area Closures Map
- Ellensburg Area: Rider's Camp Closed for 2022
- Naches Area: Boulder Cave Trail / Day Use Site: CLOSED
- Target Shooting Info