Snowy Creek Trail #1531
This trail accesses the Nason Ridge Trail #1583 and is often used to reach the former Rock Mountain Lookout site. It climbs on moderate grades to a small meadow near the base of Rock Mountain.
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||See Current conditions information|
|Closest Towns:||Leavenworth, WA|
General InformationGeneral Notes:
Green Trails Map - #145 Wenatchee Lake
USGS Map - Mount Howard/Labyrinth Mountain, WA
The trail begins at the Snowy Creek Trailhead located 3.5 miles up Snowy Creek Road #6705 from Smithbrook Road #6700. The trail ends at the Nason Ridge Trail #1583.
From Leavenworth, WA take US-2 northwest for 31 miles. Then turn right on Smithbrook Road, Forest Road #6700, and travel 6 miles to a junction with Forest Road #6705. Continue on Forest Road #6705 the trailhead.
The trail may also be accessed from the old trailhead located 7 miles up Smithbrook-Rainy Creek Road #6700 from Highway 2. This trailhead is at 2900' elevation and adds 1 mile of trail to reach the main trailhead.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Mountain BikingRecreation areas with activity Mountain Biking:
Day HikingRecreation areas with activity Day Hiking:
BackpackingRecreation areas with activity Backpacking:
Horse RidingRecreation areas with activity Horse Riding:
Alerts & Warnings
- Lake Wenatchee Area: Road #6304 Bridge Closure
- Cle Elum Area: French Cabin Creek Bridge Closure
- Entiat - Lake Wenatchee Area: Upper Mad River Seasonal Trail Closure
- Leavenworth Area: Construction Delays on Snow Lakes Trail
- Mazama-Winthrop-Twisp Area: Cedar Creek Fire Area Closure
- Interactive Area Closures Map
- Winthrop Area: Cub Creek 2 Fire Area Closure
- Ellensburg Area: Rider's Camp Closed for 2021
- Naches Area: Boulder Cave Trail / Day Use Site Closed
- Forest Office Access Restricted
- Fireworks and Exploding Targets Illegal
- Target Shooting Info