At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||Current trail conditions information.|
|Area Amenities:||Interpretive Site,Fee charged for some activities,Picnic tables,Toilets,Parking|
|Fees:||A recreation pass is required to park at trailhead. A $5/vehicle/day Northwest Forest Pass can be purchased from a self-pay station provided at the trailhead.|
|Restrictions:||No motorized vehicles allowed on trail. No mechanized vehicles allowed on the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail. No overnight camping or horses allowed at the lake.|
|Closest Towns:||Winthrop, WA|
|Restroom:||Vault Toilet at trailhead|
|Passes:||A recreation pass is required. (A $5/vehicle/day Northwest Forest Pass can be purchased from a self-pay station provided at the trailhead).|
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
|Information Center:||Methow Valley Ranger District|
From Winthrop drive west on State Route 20 for about 28 miles (or 1.5 miles west of Lone Fir Campground). Turn right on Forest Service Road 400 and follow for 1 mile to the trailhead.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Open to mountain bikes up to junction with Pacific Crest Trail. No bikes allowed on Pacific Crest Trail.
Lake and Pond Fishing
Lake fishing at Cutthroat Lake.
Day HikingSee additional information under Backpacking.
Those who wish great views will look out at the towering rugged peaks. Mountain goats are often seen near the pass. Specific Hazards/Difficulties: Water may be scarce beyond the lake trail junction later in the summer. Be sure to fill water bottles before going on the pass.
Horse RidingSee additional information under Backpacking.
|Interpretive Site:||interpretive information|
|Fee charged for some activities:||self-pay stations available for required recreation pass|
|Toilets:||vault toilets at trailhead only|
Alerts & Warnings
- Campfire Restrictions are in Effect
- Entiat - Lake Wenatchee Area: Upper Mad River Seasonal Trail Closure
- Naches Area: Little Naches River Restoration Closure
- Fireworks and Exploding Targets Prohibited on National Forests
- Twisp Area: Road #4400-45 and Dispersed Recreation Area Closure
- Twisp Area: Louis Lake Trail Bridge Closed
- Mazama-Winthrop-Twisp Area: Cedar Creek Fire Area Closure
- Winthrop Area: Cub Creek 2 Fire Area Closure
- Lake Wenatchee Area: Road #6304 Bridge Closure
- Cle Elum Area: French Cabin Creek Bridge Closure
- Leavenworth Area: Construction Delays on Snow Lakes Trail
- Interactive Area Closures Map
- Ellensburg Area: Rider's Camp Closed for 2022
- Naches Area: Boulder Cave Trail / Day Use Site: Open
- Forest Office Access Restricted
- Target Shooting Info