Devils Ridge Trail #752
A main east-west trail in the western Pasayten connecting Ross Lake and the Pacific Crest Trail. The trail is mostly side hill, some of it at or above timberline. Some side trips and loop trips are possible using this trail. Many open areas along this trail offers big views of Baker, Hozomeen, and Jack Mountain.
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||Current conditions information|
|Fees:||A Recreation Pass is required. ($5/vehicle/day Northwest Forest Pass can be purchased from a self-pay station provided at the trailhead).|
|Permit Info:||Those wishing to continue their trip on the East Bank Trail should be aware that the park requires backcountry permits for overnight camping. Permits are available week-days at the Methow Valley Ranger District office and the park service visitor information center in Marblemount. The Pasayten Wilderness also requires a wilderness permit which are available (free, self-issue) at trailheads which access the wilderness area.|
|Restrictions:||Wilderness use restrictions apply.|
|Closest Towns:||Winthrop, Washington|
|Water:||No potable water|
|Restroom:||Vault Toilet at trailhead|
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
|Information Center:||To check for current conditions online go to: www.fs.usda.gov/okawen/conditions|
Western Terminus: Devil's Junction Campground, Ross Lake National Recreation Area. Eastern Terminus: Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail #2000, at Holman Pass. Besides the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail 2000, this trail can be reached via Canyon Creek/Chancellor Trailhead and Jackita Ridge Trail #738.
Day HikingSee additional information under Backpacking.
Specific Hazards/Difficulties: Water can be scarce late in the season. Those wishing to continue their trip on the East Bank Trail should be aware that the park requires backcountry permits for overnight camping. Permits are available at the Methow Valley Visitor Center and the park service visitor information center in Marblemount.
Horse RidingGood grazing is available near Skypilot Pass, Devil's Pass, and along Devil's Ridge. See additional information under Backpacking.
Alerts & Warnings
- Fireworks and Exploding Targets Prohibited on National Forests
- Twisp Area: Road #4400-45 and Dispersed Recreation Area Closure
- Twisp Area: Louis Lake Trail Bridge Closed
- Mazama-Winthrop-Twisp Area: Cedar Creek Fire Area Closure
- Twisp Area: Road 4415-030 Closure
- Winthrop Area: Cub Creek 2 Fire Area Closure
- Lake Wenatchee Area: Road #6304 Bridge Closure
- Entiat - Lake Wenatchee Area: Upper Mad River Seasonal Trail Closure
- Cle Elum Area: French Cabin Creek Bridge Closure
- Leavenworth Area: Construction Delays on Snow Lakes Trail
- Interactive Area Closures Map
- Ellensburg Area: Rider's Camp Closed for 2022
- Naches Area: Boulder Cave Trail / Day Use Site: Open
- Forest Office Access Restricted
- Target Shooting Info