Wynoochee Lake Shore- Maidenhair Falls Trailhead
Wynoochee Lake Shore Trail #878 Map.
Download a printable version (PDF File)
Meander through a stand of impressive old growth along the northern section of Wynoochee Lake Shore Trail to Maidenhair Falls. When the falls are flowing heavily they resemble a mainden’s hair as they cascade off a boulder below.
At a Glance
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
|Information Center:||Hood Canal Ranger District, Quilcene office|
From Olympia, WA travel north on Highway 101 towards Shelton, WA for about 19 miles. Take the exit towards Matlock and travel approximately 15 miles on Dayton-Matlock Road. From Matlock, continue straight at the junction onto the Matlock-Deckerville Road, which turns into the Boundary Road. Drive 8.8 miles, make a right turn onto Cougar-Smith Road and drive about 5.5 miles to Forest Service Road #22.
Turn right on Forest Service Road #22 and drive 15 miles on Forest Service Road #22 to a major intersection and take Forest Service Road 2270 on the east side of Wynoochee Lake towards Wynoochee Falls.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- Olympic National Forest Fire Ban Lifted
- FS-2700-190 temporary closure; Upper Mt. Townsend TH inaccessible
- Summer operations and closures in Quinault area
- Mt. Jupiter Trail Closure
- Herbicide applications to occur on Olympic National Forest
- Alcohol Ban along Lake Cushman Corridor (FS-24) remains in effect