Tubal Cain Trailhead
At a Glance
|Open Season:||Early Summer|
|Restrictions:||Wilderness regulations apply.|
|Closest Towns:||Sequim, WA|
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
|Information Center:||Hood Canal Ranger District, Quilcene Office|
From Quilcene drive north on US Highway 101 for about 26 miles and turn left onto the Louella Road across from Sequim Bay State Park. Go one mile and turn left onto Palo Alto Road. Continue on Palo Alto Road, which turns into Forest Service Road 28 at the forest boundary.
Then turn right on Forest Service Road 2880, go past Dungeness Forks Campground and stay left onto Forest Service 2870 for 12.5 miles to the Tubal Cain Trailhead on the right. Forest Service Road 2880 is steep and is not recommended for trailers.
Small parking area, no toilets. Very limited room for vehicles with horse trailers to turn around.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- Olympic National Forest Fire Ban Lifted
- FS-2700-190 temporary closure; Upper Mt. Townsend TH inaccessible
- Summer operations and closures in Quinault area
- Mt. Jupiter Trail Closure
- Herbicide applications to occur on Olympic National Forest
- Alcohol Ban along Lake Cushman Corridor (FS-24) remains in effect