Upper Dungeness Trailhead
Upper Dungeness Trail #833.2 Map.
Download a printable version (PDF File)
At a Glance
|Open Season:||Late Spring|
|Restrictions:||Wilderness regulations apply in Buckhorn Wilderness.|
|Closest Towns:||Sequim, WA|
|Passes:||Recreation Passes may be used as a form of fee payment.|
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
|Information Center:||Hood Canal Ranger District- Quilcene|
From Quilcene, WA follow Highway 101 north to Sequim Bay State Park, turn left across from the State Park onto Louella Road. Follow Louella Road one mile to Palo Alto Road and take a left on Palo Alto Road for 1.1 mile to the forest boundary. The Palo Alto becomes Forest Service Road 28.
Then turn right onto Forest Service Road 2880, drive past Dungeness Forks Campground for 1 mile. Stay left onto Forest Service Road 2870 for 8.7 miles to the trailhead across Dungeness River bridge.
Large parking area available.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
The trail makes its way along the picturesque Dungeness River for the first 3.2 miles to Camp Handy and then climbs steadily to an intersection with Home Lake and Marmot Pass trails. This trail also connects with the Royal Basin and Tubal Cain Mine Trails.
Alerts & Warnings
- Olympic National Forest Enters Campfire Phase 1 Restrictions
- Flood Damage & Road Closure Updates
- Temporary Road closures in FS-28 Road System
- Temp Road Closure on FS Road 2480
- Sustainable Trails Feedback Form now Available
- Herbicide applications to occur on Olympic National Forest
- Alcohol Ban along Lake Cushman Corridor (FS-24) remains in effect