Wynoochee Lakeshore Trailhead - Tacoma Power Dam
Wynoochee Lake Shore Trail #878 Map.
Download a printable version (PDF File)
Provides access to: Wynoochee Lake Shore Trail #878 at the Tacoma Power Dam at Wynoochee Lake.
Do not walk across the dam to reach the trailhead on the east side of the lake. You will need to walk on the road bridge to cross the Wynoochee River to access the east side of the lake.
At a Glance
|Closest Towns:||Montesano, WA|
|Information Center:||Hood Canal Ranger District - Quilcene|
From Olympia, WA travel north on Highway 101 towards Shelton, WA for about 19 miles. Take the exit towards Matlock and travel approximately 15 miles on Dayton-Matlock Road. From Matlock, continue straight at the junction onto the Matlock-Deckerville Road, which turns into the Boundary Road. Drive 8.8 miles, make a right turn onto Cougar-Smith Road and drive about 5.5 miles to Forest Service Road #22. Turn right on Forest Service Road #22 and drive 15 miles on Forest Service Road #22 to a major intersection. Turn left, stay on Forest Road 22. Park at the Wynoochee Dam.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- Olympic National Forest Fire Ban Lifted
- FS-2700-190 temporary closure; Upper Mt. Townsend TH inaccessible
- Summer operations and closures in Quinault area
- Mt. Jupiter Trail Closure
- Herbicide applications to occur on Olympic National Forest
- Alcohol Ban along Lake Cushman Corridor (FS-24) remains in effect