Miller Creek Trail #367
Miller Creek Trail #367 is part of a network of trails serving the Thumb Butte area. This trail begins in ponderosa pine forest and parallels Miller Creek, a babbling stream that grows during the first weeks of spring when snowmelt trickles down from the surrounding high country. It is common to see acorn woodpeckers, nuthatches, and other woodland birds flitting from tree to tree. Because the terrain is gentle, this trail is an excellent option for introducing young children to hiking and the outdoors.
This trail connects with other trails that can be combined to create a variety of loops. One suggested route, available to all non-motorized users, is to travel Trail #367 to Thumb Butte Bypass Trail #326. Take this trail to the southwest as it climbs to its junction with Garden Grove Trail #392. Miller Creek Trail #367 winds downhill back to the beginning. This loop covers roughly 3.5 miles.
This trail is open to hikers, horseback riders, and mountain bicyclists. Please be considerate of other users—slow down and know when to yield the trail.
- Miller Creek Trail # 367 Trail Description and Map (734 KB; Black and White; 8.5” X 11”)
- Thumb Butte Brochure (2.67 MB; Color; 8.5” X 17”)
- Thumb Butte Trails and Area Map (1.41 MB; 8.5” X 11”)
At a Glance
|Closest Towns:||Approximately 12 minutes from Prescott, AZ|
|Water:||Not available. Surface water should be treated.|
From downtown Prescott, travel west on Gurley Street (becomes Thumb Butte Road) for 3.4 miles to the Thumb Butte Picnic Area, on the right. Continue on Thumb Butte Road for another 0.9 miles to the trailhead on the left. Parking is along the side of the road. There is room for 2-3 vehicles. The road condition is paved, then graded dirt. It is suitable for all vehicles.
- Connecting trails: Thumb Butte Bypass Trail #326, Garden Grove Trail #392
- USGS Map: 7.5’ quad for Iron Springs
- Prescott National Forest Map, west half
- Average hiking time: 15-20 minutes, one way
- Miller Creek Trail #367 is a short, easy ride along Miller Creek near Thumb Butte.
- Miller Creek Trail #367 is a short, easy hike along Miller Creek near Thumb Butte.
- Miller Creek Trail #367 is a short, easy ride along Miller Creek near Thumb Butte. Please note that parking is limited.