Venezia Trail #381
Named for a mine and former town site, the Venezia Trail connects Senator Highway in Crooks Canyon and the Ash Creek Ridge. Winding through ponderosa pine and Gambel oak, this shaded trail is in a part of the Bradshaw Mountains that also contains maple trees that put on a great show of color during the autumn. This 1.5 mile trail can be part of motorized and non-motorized trail loops making it a great destination for trail users of all stripes, though equestrians may prefer area trails that exclude motorized use. It begins at Forest Road 52 Venezia Site and ends at Forest Road 70.
At a Glance
|Closest Towns:||Prescott, AZ|
|Water:||Not available. Surface water should be treated.|
A wide area in the road across from the trailhead can accomodate two vehicles, and there are spots along the road for single cars within a short distance.
From Prescott, approximately 15.6 miles south on Senator Highway and 1.6 miles north of Palace Station.
|Difficulty Level:||Easy to Difficult|
OHV Trail Riding
Alerts & Warnings
- Crooks Fire Closure Order Effective May 18, 2022
- STAGE 1 FIRE RESTRICTIONS NOW IN EFFECT; RESTRICCIONES DE FUEGOS ETAPA 1
- Fossil Creek & Forest Road 708 Closed until 12/31/22 for public health and saf
- Target Type restrictions implemented across the Prescott NF
- Temporary Camping Restrictions along Highway 260 and Salt Mine Road Corridor
- Drones Use on Forest Service Lands