Prescott Circle Trail
This 54-mile, non-motorized trail is a success story of citizen participation, inter-agency cooperation, and patient determination. Twenty-five years in the making, all but 1.5 miles of the trail are now complete giving hikers, backpackers, horse riders, and mountain bicyclists a route that crosses Prescott National Forest, City of Prescott, Yavapai County, and state lands. The trail skirts Watson, Willow, and Goldwater Lakes, cuts through Granite Dells, and offers close-up views of Granite Mountain and Thumb Butte.
Trail Map (238 KB PDF)
For more information:
Easy to moderate mountain biking opportunity.
This 54-mile trail is made up of numerous shorter segments which offer excellent day hiking opportunities.
Excellent backpacking opportunity near the City of Prescott.
Alerts & Warnings
- STAGE 2 FIRE RESTRICTIONS IN EFFECT; RESTRICCIONES DE FUEGOS ETAPA 2 EN EFECTO
- Fossil Creek & Forest Road 708 Closed until 12/31/22 for public health and saf
- Target Type restrictions implemented across the Prescott NF
- Temporary Camping Restrictions along Highway 260 and Salt Mine Road Corridor
- Drones Use on Forest Service Lands