Lynx Creek Gold Pan Day Use Area
Lynx Lake Recreation Area Brochure (1,020 KB) Brochure correction: Camping is allowed for a total of 14 days out of each 30-day period on the Prescott National Forest. including at Lynx Lake area campgrounds.
- No picnic tables
- No fire pits
- No drinking water
- Vault toilet
- No garbage service - Please pack it out
At a Glance
|Closest Towns:||Prescott, AZ|
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
From Prescott, AZ: East on Hwy 69, pass shopping mall on right, go right (south) on Walker Rd. (by Costco). South on Walker Rd for approximately 1.5 miles. The turn off for Gold Pan (and Lynx Creek Ruins) is on the left side of Walker Rd.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Enjoy lunch by the stream while panning for gold.
Recreational gold panning is allowed at this site. For more information please visit: Prescott National Forest - Rocks & Minerals (usda.gov).
Alerts & Warnings
- Winter Recreation: Know Before You Go
- Perkinsville Bridge Area Special Closure
- There are currently NO FIRE RESTRICTIONS in effect on Prescott NF
- Target Type restrictions implemented across the Prescott NF
- Temporary Camping Restrictions along Highway 260 and Salt Mine Road Corridor
- Drones Use on Forest Service Lands