Salida Trail #93
Salida Trail #93 is perfectly suited for the adventurous traveler. Steep pitches and rock scrambles provide technical challenge as the trail weaves its way in and out of rugged valleys to the high ridges that lie above. Although the majority of the landscape is dominated by pinyon-juniper woodland, there is welcome shade in many of the drainages where ponderosa pine and Gambel oak thrive. These areas attract a diversity of wildlife, including numerous songbirds, deer, rabbits, bobcats, and others. If the difficult terrain doesn’t make your heart race, the views along this trail certainly will. In its final mile or so, Trail #93 crests boulder-strewn peaks where there are panoramic vistas as far as the eye can see.
Trail #93 ends at its junction with Charcoal Gulch Trail #9419. Trail #9419 connects with several others that can be combined to make loops that vary in length and level of difficulty.
This trail is open to motorized and non-motorized traffic. Please be considerate of other users—slow down and know when to yield the trail.
Lynx Lake Recreation Area Brochure (1,020 KB PDF)
Printable Trail Description and Map (621 KB PDF; 8.5” X 11”)
At a Glance
|Open Season:||Spring - Fall|
|Closest Towns:||Approximately 15 minutes from Prescott, AZ to Trail #9263|
|Water:||Not available. Surface water should be treated.|
Salida Trail #93 is an internal trail, accessed by way of Salida Connection Trail #9263. From downtown Prescott travel east on Hwy 69 to Walker Road. Turn right and go 1.2 miles to the sign for Lynx Creek Ruin. Turn left onto Lynx Creek Road (FR 9401) just after the sign. Travel 0.8 miles past the Day Use area, bearing right down the hill and continuing to the end of the road. There is a large improved lot with ample parking for both single vehicles and horse trailers. This trail begins at the end of Trail #9263, 2.7 miles from the trailhead. Road conditions are paved, then graded dirt and suitable for all vehicles.
- Connecting trails: Prospectors Trail #42, Red Mountain Trail #43, Charcoal Gulch Trail #9419, Salida Connection Trail #9263
- USGS Map: 7.5’ quads for Prescott Valley South and Poland Junction
- Prescott National Forest Map, west half
- Average hiking time: 2.5 hours, one way
This trail is a steep, technical trail that rewards riders with stunning views. This trail is open to OHVs—please be alert.
- This trail is a steep, technical trail that rewards hikers with stunning views. This trail is open to OHVs—please be alert.
OHV Trail Riding
- This trail is a steep, technical trail that rewards riders with stunning views. This trail is open to hikers, bikers, and horseback riders—please be alert.
Alerts & Warnings
- STAGE 2 FIRE RESTRICTIONS IN EFFECT; RESTRICCIONES DE FUEGOS ETAPA 2 EN EFECTO
- Fossil Creek & Forest Road 708 Closed until 12/31/22 for public health and saf
- Target Type restrictions implemented across the Prescott NF
- Temporary Camping Restrictions along Highway 260 and Salt Mine Road Corridor
- Drones Use on Forest Service Lands