Upper Rogue River Trail #1034
The entire length of the Upper Rogue Wild and Scenic River is closely followed by the Upper Rogue River Trail #1034. Hikers can travel shorter sections of trail. The 3.5 mile Rogue Gorge Trail #1034A also offers views of the Upper Rogue Wild and Scenic River. The trail traverses the west side of the river. The trail is open to hiking and backpacking.
- Upper Rogue River Trail #1034 - Big Bend
- Upper Rogue River Trail #1034 - Crater Rim
Upper Rogue River Trail #1034 - Foster Creek
Upper Rogue River Trail #1034 - Hamaker
Upper Rogue River Trail #1034 - Natural Bridge
Upper Rogue River Trail #1034 - River Bridge
Upper Rogue River Trail #1034 - Woodruff Bridge
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||The Upper Rogue River Trail is 47.1 miles long. There are many access points. The section between Prospect and Natural Bridge was recently cleared of down logs. Conditions are mixed but expect heavy log blowdown on the section north of Union creek. The northernmost 4 miles of trail south of Mazama Viewpoint are almost impassible due down logs from the 2016 fire season.|
|Information Center:||High Cascades Ranger District|
Multiple access points exist for this trail.
This trail passes Natural Bridge and Union Creek Campgrounds before reaching the Rogue Gorgwe off Highway 62 north of Union Creek Resort.
Alerts & Warnings
- Effective 9/20: Wild and Scenic Lower Rogue River Stage 1 Fire Restrictions
- Illinois River Swinging Bridge Closure
- Butte Fork Trail Bridge in Red Buttes Wilderness Closed Through July 2023
- Effective 7/27: Forest-Wide Stage 1 Fire Restrictions
- Understanding Parking and Fire Restrictions on the Illinois River
- Bear-Human Interactions on the Rise!