Panther Ridge - Bald Knob Trailhead
- Park along shoulder of the 020 road below the gate
- Trail will be on the left
From Gold Beach, OR, on State Route 101, take County Road 595 east for about 10 miles. Continue on Forest Road 33 for about 37 miles. Take a right at the intersection with Forest Road 3348 and travel 2 miles. Go right on Forest Road 5520. Take Forest Road 5520 to Forest Road 020 to the trailhead.
From Powers, OR, go south on County Road 90 to Forest Road 33, continue to Forest Road 3348 to Forest Road 5520 to Forest Road 020 to the trailhead.
- Panther Ridge - Clay Hill Trailhead
- Panther Ridge - Buck Point Trailhead
- Panther Ridge - Hanging Rock Trailhead
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- Butte Fork Trail Bridge in Red Buttes Wilderness Closed Through July 2023
- Effective 7/27: Forest-Wide Stage 1 Fire Restrictions
- Effective 7/22: Wild and Scenic Lower Rogue River Stage 2 Fire Restrictions
- Understanding Parking and Fire Restrictions on the Illinois River
- Bear-Human Interactions on the Rise!
- Seasonal Alcohol Prohibition on Recreation Section of Illinois River