Panther Ridge - Hanging Rock Trailhead
View one of the most distinctive rock outcroppings on the district that overlooks the Rogue River watershed.
Provides access to:
- Hanging Rock Trail #1113, a 0.25 mile long trail from trailhead that leads to the Pather Ridge Trail #1253 which accesses Wild Rogue Wilderness.
- No picnic table
- No fire pit
- No drinking water
- No toilet
- No garbage disposal - Please pack it out
From Gold Beach, OR, on State Route 101, take County Road 595 east for about 10 miles. Continue on Forest Road 33 for about 37 miles. Take a right at the intersection with Forest Road 3348 and continue on to the Buck Creek Campground where you will turn right on Forest Road 5520. Follow 5520 for about 7 miles. Then take a right on Forest Road 140 and follow to the trailhead.
- Panther Ridge - Clay Hill Trailhead
- Panther Ridge - Bald Knob Trailhead
- Panther Ridge - Buck Point Trailhead
- Park along road shoulder
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information