Azalea Lake/Fir Glade Trail #955
The Azalea Lake/Fir Glade trail runs southwest from Fir Glad Trailhead into California and the Red Buttes Wilderness. When the trail reaches the southern wilderness boundary, it heads east and north to Azalea Lake, located within the wilderness boundary.
Recent trail work since 2015 has made this trail relatively clear and in great shape, although trail users should expect some areas of brush near Steve Fork Junction, towards Azalea Lake.
|Difficulty Level:||Easy to Difficult|
Alerts & Warnings
- Effective 9/20: Wild and Scenic Lower Rogue River Stage 1 Fire Restrictions
- Butte Fork Trail Bridge in Red Buttes Wilderness Closed Through July 2023
- Effective 7/27: Forest-Wide Stage 1 Fire Restrictions
- Understanding Parking and Fire Restrictions on the Illinois River
- Bear-Human Interactions on the Rise!
- Seasonal Alcohol Prohibition on Recreation Section of Illinois River