Fir Glade Trailhead
Trails accessed from this trailhead are located in the Red Buttes Wilderness, offering a great opportunity for people to venture further out and seek the solitude and quiet of wilderness. It provides access to the Azalea Lake/Fir Glade Trail #955
- No picnic table
- No fire pit
- No drinking water
- No toilet
- No garbage disposal - Please pack it out
From Ruch, OR, proceed approximately 7.7 miles and make a left onto Thompson Creek Road (just across the Applegate River, near Applegate, OR). Continue on Thompson Creek Road (which becomes Forest Road 10 at approximately 10 miles at the Forest Boundary) for approximately 11.8 miles. Bear left on Forest Road 10 (Carberry Creek Road) for approximately 2.6 miles to junction with Forest Road 1030, and turn right. Continue approximately 11 miles to Forest Road 800 and turn right. Continue approximately 0.5 mile to a large parking area located at the junction of Forest Roads 800 and 850.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- Effective 9/20: Wild and Scenic Lower Rogue River Stage 1 Fire Restrictions
- Illinois River Swinging Bridge Closure
- Butte Fork Trail Bridge in Red Buttes Wilderness Closed Through July 2023
- Effective 7/27: Forest-Wide Stage 1 Fire Restrictions
- Understanding Parking and Fire Restrictions on the Illinois River
- Bear-Human Interactions on the Rise!