French Gulch Trailhead
This site accesses the popular Applegate Lake trail system.
Provides access to:
- Payette Trail #970
- Little Grayback Mtn. Trail #921
- Da-Ku-Be-Te-De Trail #940
- Grouse Loop Trail #941
- Collings Mtn. Trail #943
- No picnic table
- No fire pit
- No drinking water
- Vault toilet
- No garbage disposal - Please pack it out
At a Glance
|Closest Towns:||Jacksonville, OR|
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
|Information Center:||Siskiyou Mountains Ranger District|
From Jacksonville, OR, travel South 6.5 miles on Highway 238 to Ruch, OR, and turn left on to Upper Applegate Road (County Road 859). Continue about 15 miles to Applegate Lake and turn left on County Road 959 (traveling across the dam). Continue along County Road 959 about 1 mile to the trailhead.
- Need description of the parking here...
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- Forest Order RRS 06 10 22 23 56 Alcohol Prohibition Illinois River Corridor
- Illinois River Swinging Bridge Closure
- Butte Fork Trail Bridge in Red Buttes Wilderness Closed Through July 2023
- Understanding Parking and Fire Restrictions on the Illinois River
- Bear-Human Interactions on the Rise!