Provides access to:
- Shoofly Trail #954 which enters Red Buttes Wilderness and travels south for 0.7 mile to meet Butte Fork Trail #957.
- No picnic table
- No fire pit
- No drinking water
- No toilet
- No garbage disposal - Please pack it out
At a Glance
|Restrictions:||Wilderness regulations apply within Red Buttes Wilderness.|
|Closest Towns:||Seiad Valley, CA; Applegate, OR|
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
|Information Center:||Siskiyou Mountains Ranger District|
From Ruch, OR, travel south on Upper Applegate Road for 18.8 miles to the junction with Carberry Creek Road (County Road 777) and turn left (southeast). Proceed 1.5 miles to the junction of FS Roads 1040 and 1050. Turn right on Forest Road 1040 and follow for approximately 7 miles to the Shoofly Trail (#954) trailhead on the left.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- Forest Order RRS 06 10 22 23 56 Alcohol Prohibition Illinois River Corridor
- Illinois River Swinging Bridge Closure
- Butte Fork Trail Bridge in Red Buttes Wilderness Closed Through July 2023
- Understanding Parking and Fire Restrictions on the Illinois River
- Bear-Human Interactions on the Rise!