Redwood Bar Dispersed Camping
This dispersed campsite for tents or small trailers, is located on the Recreation portion of the Wild and Scenic Chetco River. Enjoy summer fun in the crystal clear waters of this outstanding river. There are a few shaded spots that can be found along the tree line. Picnicking, sunbathing, swimming, floating and other forms of non-motorized water sports are possible.
- Camp where you want
- No drinking water
- Vault toilet
- Garbage disposal from May 15 through September 15
At a Glance
|Reservations:||First come, first served|
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
|Information Center:||Gold Beach Ranger District|
From Brookings, Oregon, turn off US Highway 101 onto the North Bank Chetco River Road (County Road 784). This becomes Forest Road 1376. Redwood Bar is approximately 6 miles from the Forest boundary on Forest Road 1376, just past the Little Redwood Campground.
- Map Location: Township 39 South, Range 12 West, Section 20
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
- Camp where you want next to the beautiful Chetco River
River and Stream Fishing
Oregon state fishing license required. See Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife for more information.
- Hiking opportunities include the Redwood Nature Trail #1111 which is a self-guided interpretive trail through an old-growth redwood forest and Chetco Gorge Trail #1112 which is a trail along the Chetco River.
|Difficulty Level:||Easy to More Difficult|
- Snake Tooth Shooting Range on 1107 Road
Boating - Non-Motorized
Alerts & Warnings
- Forest Order RRS 06 10 22 23 56 Alcohol Prohibition Illinois River Corridor
- Illinois River Swinging Bridge Closure
- Butte Fork Trail Bridge in Red Buttes Wilderness Closed Through July 2023
- Understanding Parking and Fire Restrictions on the Illinois River
- Bear-Human Interactions on the Rise!